Smoobee makes brushing hair much easier but it is always good to keep these tips in mind:
Start small go slowly. Hair that is extremely hard to brush (especially long or curly hair) should be sectioned before brushing. Use your fingers to separate a section at a time and then begin brushing against your hand, starting at the ends and working up to the roots. This will let you apply extra untangling pressure to the knots, without pulling the hair.
Dry or wet? Thick, straight or wavy hair will shine beautifully after brushing wet or dry. But don't ever brush curly hair dry with any brush.This will cause curly hair to go all frizzy!
- Gently Brush Hair With Smoobee Before Showering. By getting all of the knots out ahead of time, it makes washing their hair easier and less painful.
- Gently Scrub With Shampoo. There really is no need to scrub their hair in all different directions. This will only make knots. Instead teach them to move your fingers up down to let the shampoo in without making knots.
- Use Conditioner. Conditioner is always a good idea after shampoo. It smoothes out hair wonderfully.
- Use a Towel To Pat Their Head Dry. Don’t twist and turn the towel around their head. This will cause hair to tangle.Try to gently pat and scrub their hair without making knots.
- Never brush curly hair when it is dry unless you are going for the frizzy look.
- Always waking up with a moppy head? Try to tie their hair in a loose pony tail at night to minimize tangles that are created when they toss and turn at night.
- For tight "springy" curls, brush their hair after a shower and then squeeze in styling product and gently squeeze the curls as you set them in place.
- Consider growing long hair. While many people think curly, hard-to-manage hair should be cut short, often that leads to a "mushroom" look. Extra weight pulls curls down and makes them gorgeous, especially when cut with long layers.
- Brush one section at a time, and start from the bottom of each section and work your way up.
- Want a different look? Try adding some long layers to the wavy hair. It often turns waves into gorgeous curls. Or try braiding a couple strands at night and brush them out with your fingers in the morning. Their hair will look fabulous.
Straight and Silky Hair
- Hair that is extremely long should be sectioned before brushing. Use your fingers to separate a section at a time and then begin brushing against your hand, starting at the ends and working up to the roots. This will let you apply extra untangling pressure to the knots, without pulling the hair.
- Leave just a tad of conditioner in after washing their hair as it prevents fly-a-ways and keeps styled hair smooth.
- Stay away from gels which contains alcohol as they can dry out hair.
Smoobee can be easily cleaned using the following steps:
- Take a tweezer (or similar object) and gently run it between the bristles to lift hair out of Smoobee. Continue to do this up each row until almost all of the hair is gone. If you do not have tweezers, you can use a comb or any object similar.
- Wet the bristles under warm running water for just 10 seconds.
- Place a small dab of shampoo onto the bristles. Carefully rub the brush's bristles together. Use a comb to assist in rubbing the shampoo into the bristles. Keep rubbing gently (so that irreplaceable bristles do not fall out) under running water until all suds are gone.
- Then, dry the brush on a towel. If there is still leftover grime, use a cotton swab to get the junk out from in between bristles and repeat the just mentioned process.
Do not immerse Smoobee in water. Smoobee is made out of wood and should not be underwater for long periods of time as it will cause damage to the finish.